Monday 28 March 2011

pricing and conditions

So I'm not totally crusty here when i see something good being done I will give credit where credit is due.  In the past 2 days I have seen about 4 or 5 places for rent that have gone down in price to be reasonable and they are all full places. great congrats the people who have done that. However now that brings me to a whole new topic about the conditions people are placing on renting the houses. I realize most people don't want people smoking in their rental houses i understand that for the most part, but the NO pets thing kind of irks me i could understand if your place if full of carpet not wanting a puppy or a kitten that isn't trained, but I have a 4 year old small dog that is fully house trained doesn't shed, doesn't bark, and would never bite, yet when I enquirer about any of these places they say absolutely no pets.  How about charging a pet fee, and meeting the pet FIRST, there is a reason damage deposit is paid, how about putting in the contract that all carpets or the whole house would have to be professionally clean at the time of move out? I find those options to be a little more reasonable than just a flat out NO.  

No comments:

Post a Comment